ASSAM SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM
- The programme offered by ASJ places strong emphasis on practical skills required in journalism.
- We equip students with professional and technical knowledge.
- We train journalists to creatively look at the goals and effects of journalism and it’s social relevance.
- We groom our students to look at journalism as a career aimed at presenting the truth without fear or favour.
- We also ensure placement of our students in good positions.
- ASJ offers in-class training but will also begin on-line courses.
Diploma in practical journalism
- 1 Year Professional Diploma Course inclusive of internship and placement assistance
- 6 Months Professional Diploma Course inclusive internship and placement assistance
- 3 Months short-term professional practical journalism course inclusive internship
Diploma in video editing
- 6 Months professional video editing course by the professionals from media house
- 3 Months professional short-term video editing course
- The course consists:
Print Media, Electronic Media,Digital Media,
In this age of information, mass media command considerable influence on our society. It has become one of the driving forces of social end economic changes in our country. Assam as a whole too has been touched by the growing popularity and significance of newspapers, satellite television channels, FM radio stations and web portals. Our agenda of Assam School of Journalism has specifically incorporated local language, literature, society, culture along with special and prime importance to practical area of all the different facets in journalism.
- Learned and experienced Teachers/Trainers/Experts
- Latest state-of-the-art well equipped classrooms
- Extensive library
- Computer/Internet facility
- Educational tours
- Student-run newspaper/lab journal publication
- Regular screening of selected films
- Discussions with eminent personalities
- Employment support in media upon completion of degree
Hear from our students
WORDS FROM DIRECTOR
“Journalism is not only a profession but it’s a service to the society in a noble way. We care about each and every student and we deliver our best to mould them.”
Founder, Assam School of Journalism